Carrion Crown (Derby)
In the event of a death in the party, the following rules shall guide us:
- Any spell used to bring back a player shall be run as per the rules, including costs for spellcasting by a non-party member
- In the event a PC cannot be brought back from the dead, or in exceptional circumstances when the player wishes to adopt a new PC, the following shall be used to ensure death is not an easy route to wealth and XP:
- Any new PC to the campaign will start with a penalty to XP of half a level band of the PC they are replacing. If the old PC was in the lower half of their level, this reduction in XP will result in a negative level for the new PC until their XP reaches the entry point to the old PC’s level.
- all the treasure of the dead PC will be forfeit except clear plot items; we shall assume that wealth is given to families, charities, paying for funeral, etc. (see Core Rulebook p403 for more guidance.)
- the new PC shall gain wealth according to the rules on Core Rulebook p400 and Table 12-4 on p399
- New PCs shall be built according to all the Character Creation rules in this wiki
- When you all started you did not know each other and were thrown together through the common fact that the Professor knew you and trusted you. You had no choice in this and have now stuck together. A new arrival however, would realistically be vetted by the party for a number of reasons: what do they bring to the party? Do they fit the party ethic? Ad absurdam, would the PCs normally kill the PC, rather than adopt them in a completely unbelievable fashion?
- This vetting should be performed sympathetically on all sides!